Alternative investment firm Stonepeak and Japanese developer Shizen Energy have closed a deal to jointly invest in Asian onshore wind platform TerraWind Renewables which will focus on the development of wind projects on land in Japan and across the Asia-Pacific region.

As part of the transaction, Stonepeak has acquired 80% of TerraWind, while Shizen Energy will retain the remaining 20% stake.