RWE has commissioned the Nysäter wind farm in Sweden, with a capacity of 475MW one of the largest in Europe.

The German utility operates the wind farm around 400 kilometres north of Stockholm, despite only owning a 20% stake in it, while Switzerland’s Energy Infrastructure Partners AG (EIP) holds the remaining 80%.

The array near Härnösand features 104 Nordex N149/4.0-4.5MW turbines and ten Nordex N131/3900 machines, and is expected to produce about 1.7 terawatt hours of electricity per year.