Siemens turbines set for Westermost

Sea Challenger on its way to Westermost Rough

Sea Challenger on its way to Westermost Rough

A2Sea's Sea Challenger installation vessel left the Danish port of Esbjerg this week to start installation at Dong Energy's 210MW Westermost Rough wind farm off England's North Sea coast.

The Westermost Rough project comprises 35 Siemens 6MW turbines and is located 8km off the coast of Holderness, eastern England.

It is the first job for the new Sea Challenger installation vessel, and the first time Siemens' SWT-6.0-154 machines are being installed commercially.

"It is a new generation of components and lifting gear with the Siemens 6MW turbine and our new vessel Sea Challenger, but things have gone well in a safe manner according to the plan," says Peter Eriksen, master on board at the Sea Challenger.

Turbine installation is expected to finish during the first half of 2015, A2Sea says.

A2Sea is 51%-owned by Dong Energy. Siemens holds the other 49%.

User

Become a Recharge subscriber!

Or try our free trial.

Order Subscription

Already a member?

Login


Recharge Monthly Magazine