Danish fund to buy Falck UK farms
PensionDanmark will spend £153m ($251m) buying a 49% stake in six UK onshore wind farms totaling 273MW from Italian developer Falck Renewables.
PensionDanmark, which owns stakes in several major European offshore wind projects, will make the investment via a fund managed by Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners, in which it is a seed investor.
The deal, expected to close in early 2014, follows Falck’s planned pullback from the European onshore wind sector.
The six wind farms in question, located in Scotland and Wales, are:
- The 67.5MW Kilbraur project
- The 65MW Millennium project
- The 58.5MW Cambrian project
- The 37.5MW Earlsburn project
- The 27.6MW Ben Atektil project
- The 16.7MW Boyndie project
Last year PensionDanmark bought 50% stakes in three large wind farms in the US from E.ON, its first direct investments in the US.